Jobs at Jules.
Jules is looking for new energy!
Jules is an international operating software company with revolutionary solutions for B2B energy suppliers. With our innovative software applications, we have specialized ourselves in the energy sector. Operating from the heart of The Netherlands for more than 10 years, we may consider ourselves as market leader in this vast and complex industry. Companies like ENGIE and Total Gas & Power are already convinced of the Jules value.
The Jules value is determined in our homemade, self-service, online retail and trading platform. This online environment stands for the execution of any type of flexible energy contract between Energy Supplier and their B2B customers.
We believe that rethinking business processes and the creation of new value propositions that aim to be responsive to both the changing energy landscape and customers’ demands, is crucial for an energy supplier’s success.
Jules, the possibilities are endless! Are you in yet?
(Junior) Operations Software Engineer – Java Area: UK / Midlands (Loughborough)
As an Operations Software Engineer you will work across our entire suite of PaaS solutions. You’ll be part of Jules’ Operations Team and work closely with the Lead Operations Engineer to maintain quality and performance of our products. You will be working both collaboratively and independently to resolve problems and queries quickly and efficiently, whilst actively contributing to the structural improvement of our products.
Your responsibilities include:
- Analyse and resolve technical defects
- UAT/unit testing and code review
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Building and deployment of new code to platforms
- Monitoring and maintaining platforms
- Demonstrate a passion for learning new technologies and improving existing skills
- IT background with an BSc / MSc computer science or other relevant study
- Preferably experience of 1-2 years as a Java Developer
- Flexible, communicative, innovative, enthusiastic, with great attention to detail
- Able to work individually as well as part of a team to deadlines
- Interest or experience in the energy sector and/or trading is beneficial
- Occasional travel to Jules Energy Head Office in The Netherlands
- Experience with JEE, Angular, JSF, AWS, PostgreSQL, Docker, version control, BASH
- Competitive salary;
- Open, informal and international working environment
- UK based office, with options to work from home
- Pension scheme
- 40-hour working week, but flexible working is negotiable
- 25 days annual leave
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Search criteria: Java, Java EE, JEE, Wildfly, JSF, Micro Services, Unit testing, JPA, XML, Maven, Angular, AWS, PostGres, SQL, Cloud, Docker, JIRA, DevOps
Hit us up!